Monday, July 28, 2008

25 Most Influential Men - Part 2

This post will have to be relatively short, because I have to go to work shortly... Let's start where I left off.

Derek Miller ~ This is my second of five older brothers. Quite naturally he has had a great influence on me, as a brother in blood and as a brother in Christ. He was always partial to me, and we are very close.

Jason Miller ~ This is the oldest of my five brothers. His influence has been on many levels, including the way I take a test! He is probably the one I've had the least contact with, but still a lot compared to some relationships.

Matthew Miller ~ This is the youngest of my five older brothers. When I was little he was the one brother I wanted to be friends with, and I am still like that in many ways. His influence has been astoundingly great in ways I can't explain. I was always partial to him, despite our many differences, probably because of our closeness in age.

Nathan Miller ~ This is the third of my five brothers. We are alike in many subtle ways that most wouldn't notice. His influence has been more on that level than anything. He was gone most of my teenage years, in the military, so I haven't had as much contact with him as I would like. But his influence is still marked in my mind.

Rodney Miller ~ This is my father. His influence has been one of the greatest and most pronounced. He has always been a loving and gentle father. Sometimes a little annoying :) But always my Daddy.

Stephen Miller ~ This is my fourth brother of five. He is probably the brother that's personality is closest to mine. This being so, his influence was probably more so than some of the other brothers. We have always been pretty close.

Allen Patterson ~ This man I have known personally much of my life. I mostly saw him as the man who looked a lot like one of my brothers before I actually got to know him. His influence has also been of a more subtle kind that many fail to notice.

Paul the Apostle ~ This man in dead, and I do not know him personally. He was also known as Saul when he persecuted Christians. His influence has been that of his walk and ministry.

Donnie Plemons ~ This man I have known, all my life, as Brother Plemons. His influence has been through his Christian walk and ministry. He shows God's love in the most loving and hardworking ways. God has greatly blessed me through him.

Howard Russell ~ This man I have known for at least eight years, but have had personal contact with for six years, because of his music ministry. His funny yet insightful way of using his music ministry has been a great influence on the way I minister.

William Sillings ~ This man I have known of most of my life, but have been in personal contact with for four or more years. His influence has been in his Christian walk, his ministry, and the conversations we've had together. His wise insight has been a great help and witness to me.

Aaron Ward ~ This man is an adoptive brother. I have probably known him for four or five years, and his influence has been of a brotherly kind.

Richard Wurmbrand ~ This man I have never met, even though he died during my lifetime (2001). His influence was in his Christian walk and him ministry through Voice of the Martyrs, a ministry that I personally support as much as possible.


Well, there you go. One man that isn't on the list, but would have been the 26th is Amos Hann. A man who shows his faith in the most interesting ways. :) Those of you that know him understand best.

1 comment:

jason miller said...

Amos Hann--my back hurts just hearing that name.

"This is the mark of a really admirable man: Steadfastness in the face of trouble." Ludwig van Beethoven
"It is a sad fate for a man to die too well known to everyone else and still unknown to himself." Francis Bacon
It is a mindless philosophy that assumes that one's private beliefs have nothing to do with public office. Does it make sense to entrust those who are immoral in private with the power to determine the nation's moral issues and, indeed, its destiny? .... The duplicitous soul of a leader can only make a nation more sophisticated in evil. ~ Ravi Zacharias