Saturday, August 21, 2010

Progress for the Sake of Progress?

Well, I opened up, recently, about the pain I've been going through, so I figured I might as well give an update :).

My health has been much worse, in the past week, than it was before I asked for prayer. I'm actually in enough pain that I have very little to no appetite. I'm having to force myself to eat so that I don't pass out or anything. I'm drinking an enormous amount of water, though, so that keeps me hydrated.

In spirits, I have been extremely well. God has blessed me so much, and I honestly feel no need to complain. I continue to seek the strength of God throughout this, and I hope you will all continue to keep me in your prayers :).

Love to you all! (S)

1 comment:

True Republic said...

Hello, i was searching the web for references in regards to the idea, "Progress for the sake of Progress," and I was lead to this post by you. You don't know me, but, I will keep you in my prayers. I would love to speak on the title that you gave your post. I have been studying this idea of progress for some time now, and as far as I know, this particular quote doesn't do itself any jutice. Life works in an ever extending web of ideas and interactions, of which we can only understand certain basics and branches from those basics. Progress is very important, but needs to have purpose. Progress for the sake of progress means if your can progress, than progress, and this quote is ignorant of the consequences. The progress must have a purpose. It should be progress that is good in order to provide better ways to build on the good, the natural order we already have.Progress is good unless it is the advancement of evil or falsification. Technically, in the most literal, philosophical terms, it is impossible for evil to advance, but it is possible, for good to grow and try to stretch out in doing so, but the advantage of good is to great for evil to deny. I could talk about that furtherer on down the road. Anyway, God bless and hope this helps. This is not the best of my summaries, so I apology for that.

"This is the mark of a really admirable man: Steadfastness in the face of trouble." Ludwig van Beethoven
"It is a sad fate for a man to die too well known to everyone else and still unknown to himself." Francis Bacon
It is a mindless philosophy that assumes that one's private beliefs have nothing to do with public office. Does it make sense to entrust those who are immoral in private with the power to determine the nation's moral issues and, indeed, its destiny? .... The duplicitous soul of a leader can only make a nation more sophisticated in evil. ~ Ravi Zacharias