Saturday, July 4, 2009

Rachel

Rachel - My best friend. I am sorry to say that I have not written about her before now. We have known each other for around 11 years. We were actually forced onto each other by our parents - a very fun experience, mind you - and became quick friends. It took five years before I called her my best friend, but she has been ever faithful and loving to me. She is more than I deserve. We get quite crazy when we're together, and we do things I would never do in front of anybody else. She has seen the best and the worst of me, and she stills hangs around. Our beliefs may differ, but our values are the same, which makes for some interesting conversations. I thank God for her every day, and couldn't imagine a better friend.

No comments:

"This is the mark of a really admirable man: Steadfastness in the face of trouble." Ludwig van Beethoven
"It is a sad fate for a man to die too well known to everyone else and still unknown to himself." Francis Bacon
It is a mindless philosophy that assumes that one's private beliefs have nothing to do with public office. Does it make sense to entrust those who are immoral in private with the power to determine the nation's moral issues and, indeed, its destiny? .... The duplicitous soul of a leader can only make a nation more sophisticated in evil. ~ Ravi Zacharias