Friday, July 17, 2009

Disrupted Plans - An Open Heart

You know that feeling when you've been really looking forward to something, all day, and then it gets pulled out from under you? I've experienced that today, just when I really needed something to cheer me up. I cannot discuss this with anyone, because no one would really understand. I honestly feel close to tears, and I shouldn't. It's not like the thing I was looking forward to is no longer a possibility. In fact, it has only been put off, but the plans have been altered so that they will not be the family experience I wished for. I feel diminished, somehow, but there is nothing I can do. It is in these times that I find it necessary to consider others and focus on that which has made me who I am - The love of Christ.

No comments:

"This is the mark of a really admirable man: Steadfastness in the face of trouble." Ludwig van Beethoven
"It is a sad fate for a man to die too well known to everyone else and still unknown to himself." Francis Bacon
It is a mindless philosophy that assumes that one's private beliefs have nothing to do with public office. Does it make sense to entrust those who are immoral in private with the power to determine the nation's moral issues and, indeed, its destiny? .... The duplicitous soul of a leader can only make a nation more sophisticated in evil. ~ Ravi Zacharias